Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hot 'n cold.

Yes, then no.
In and out.
Up and down.

Don't get your panties all up in a bunch - I absolutely adore ms. kooky Katy Perry.
BUT.
I would prefer that my days NOT relate to one of her semi-break-up songs.

Oh..silly Morgan. Thinking ED could be slept off like a hangover.
Get your head out of the clouds of naivity, girl.

Woke up far too early this morning, and to ED's leering face.
Creeper.
Even the catchy tunez of my lovers, Metro Station, (GUILTY PLEASURE) couldn't drown out his garbage.
Worse, Mum slept in, so I was stuck in my room with a rumbling tummy while he talked my ear (and self-esteem) off.

Because, y'know, I couldn't possibly snag some brekkie before a weigh-in. God forbid, that might add a half pound or something.

...Tell me where my brain has gone, because it definitely is NOT in my skull.

*brain waves from afar*
GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE POOPER.

*ahem*
Anyhow. When Mum FINALLY got her patooty out of bed, I hopped on her bathroom scale (it lives there so someone isn't jumpin' on it every 5 minutes) and..

Up another half pound!
...And five more to go.
URGH.

But, whilst ED was sulking in the corner, Morgy did a celebratory jig and concocted this bad boy:

Tea and Activia with sooper boonana muffin.
'member him?
Well. I made him bettah.
Chocolate makes EVERYTHING bettah.

Poor thing. So oblivious.

*MUNCHMUNCH*

Never fear - he was soon put out of his misery. =]
For I am Morgan, assassin of muffins!

Despues de noshin' and showerin', (you just imagined me naked, didn't you? Tsktsk.) I tramped around the neighborhood with my camera.
The usual:

+


And...the not-so-usual.

Lookit those teeny wheels!

Aren't they adorabable?

Okay. Storytiiiime.
Gather round, children. Gather round.

So. For the past few weeks that I've been a'walkin' round the neighborhood, I've crossed paths with a really sweet, non-creeper homeless dude. He always stands at the same corner, holding a sign and begging for money.
And he always says hi, unlike most snobby Californians.

But, today, I came upon a tragic sight.

Found on the street corner.
*sniffle*

What happened to you, hoboman?
Come back!!
You were my favorite. =[

Well, at least I made a new friend.

He looks cold.
Poor little bugger.
Needs a rolypoly blankie.

For lunch, Mum and I went out to eat at Flower Flour.
Flowers+pastries+cafe? Brilliance.
No pitchur, because I forgot my camera. *sadface*
But it was both gorgeous and delicious noshings, I tell you.

*LUNCH*

Spinach pie and a little almond debutante cake.
Droolworthy.

Oh wait.

I stealz from website.
Muhaha.

Lamentably, although lunch was yumskies, I felt very sick for most of the afternoon.
Could've been from anxiety, as ED was muchly displeased by the restaurant fare.

*sigh*
I'm not going to comment on the epic failure that was afternoon snack, for similar reasons as yesterday's.

Somehow, however, I managed to plow through errand-running. Our refrigerator was looking forlornly empty, so we got some foodie to "fill her up", as Erin would say. =D

By din din, I had something of an appetite back. Prolly acos the house smelled DIVINE.
Mum is my hero. I aspire to her cooking expertise.

Balsamic asparagus, roasted broccoli with cumin, and mashed taters.
Delish and nutrish!

Plus Haagen Dazs fro-yo.
Vanilla+honey+granola+maraschino cherry jooce.
My life is complete.

So. Today most definitely had its ups and downs. I'm seeing a general upward trend, but I'm still disappointed in myself for turning Kevin down and not seeing Slumdog Millionaire again tonight.

...Though perhaps it was for the best. I'm physically tired from running around all day, and mentally exhausted from fighting this.
I just want an escape, but there isn't an easy way out.

So I'll just keep plugging away.

On a final, positive note, I took a page out of Lauren's book of awesome, and did a couple affirmations this morning when I was struggling.
And here's one for sharing. =]

I love my eyes.
I love that they reflect the color of the ocean.
I love that they allow me to see beauty, and that they keep me safe.
(Especially whilst driving. o.O)
And I love that they'll never change, even as I grow older.

Feel free to hop on the bandwagon! Yes, it's a likkle bit corny.
But, wow.
I was walkin' on sunshine, afterwards.
Well...not quite.
But I felt oodlez bettah. =]

Anyhow. Time for Morgy to curl up in bed with some good, feministic reading.

Mhmm. Brain fodder.

So, night, loves!

P.S. To the fabulous Claudia :
MUHAHA. I STILL HAZ YOUR BREKKIE.
*munchmunchmunch*
=D

9 comments:

aussirish said...

hi babydoll

well done on the gain! a definite health gain! im proud of you morgan :)

your posts always make me laugh! your lil comments here and there are adorable haha...that muffin sure didnt know what was comin! he sure did look tasty though :) mmm muffins. glad to see the danone there too!

*yay* im so glad you used the affirmations hun :)! they work well if you do them daily!

its nice you and your mum went for a nice girlie lunch. those cakes look wowzer!

sleep well,
much love chica
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Good job on the gain. You can do this!

Your muffin picture looked particularly more delicious than usual today. ^_^

I always love the nature pictures that you take. They're so pretty.

Keep up the great work!

Kiki said...

Great job on the gain! Would you ever think of doing blind weigh-ins? It might relieve you anxiety a bit if you didn't know how much you'd gained.

Those muffins look so good! Especially with the melt-y chocolate on top.

I'm glad you had a nice time with your mum at lunch today. I was staring at the cakes for the longest time trying to figure out what FF stood for. Fat free?? No, Flower Flour. Okay.

Glad the affirmations worked for you! You do have gorgeous eyes. Enjoy your Sunday girl! Much love

Sophia Lee said...

omg, your eyes are the exact color I always wanted as contacts! but then I had to finally admit to the fact that I'm asian and will only look good with brown eyes.
YES! gain is GOOD! gain = healthier body, healthier mind, happier life! keep on reminding yourself that!
and I love reading your writing...they are so quirky and amusing! really reveals your awesome personality. I'd love to meet up with you in person, you'd be so much fun.

emily. said...

Katy Perry! :D And I'm listening to Metro Station as I type. *dances lamely* (It'll be our little secret!)

Yay for weight gain! :D Little by little is better than nothing at all.

Muffin! *goes blind* He looked to good to be seen.

What pretty flowers! It's so great to see them too, considering that it's started snowing again. *glares out window* My hopes of early spring are dashed.

:O Your lunch sounds fabulous! Spinach is too yummy.

I'm going to steal your fro-yo one day. Just wait, you won't even see it coming! ;D

Have a great rest of the day! <33

Erin said...

hi buttery cup cup.

well..
wait, where did those muffins come from....?
WHEREEEEEEEE
i love me a good muffin!

mmmmmmmmmm mufffinssss.. warm & toasty outta the oven
mmm


okay anyway, back to the real world.
YAY you referenced me. i feel SO special. its like furtive little award you slipped in there.

so sly you are morgsy..

oh p.s. i never told you that I LOVE NICK NAMES!

CALL ME BABAGANOUSH IF YA WANT. WHATEVA FLOATS THAT BOAT OF YOURS!

my best friend actually calls me er bear so it made me smile when you did!

yayyyyyy sunday
yayyyyyyy pancakes
yayyyyyyyyyy i wanna live in cali too...

oop.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO COLLEGE!?!!?!

near me? :/ ??

Erin said...

ps. your eyes are verrrrrr cute ;0

Erin said...

recccccippeeee me!!!
NOW BABAGANOUSH!


bahahah

i love you.
oops ...creeppy?
nah.

anyway
i'm going to ELON in north carolinaaaaa
heeellll yeah

i wanted to go to wake forest more then life itself but they wait listed me. those silly geese.

maybeeee if i get in off the wait list i will go there though!
not much of a change because its only an hour from elon
hahah

SOCAL!
DOOOOOOO IT
i can come visit :)
or come to new york and stay with my fam!

<3 love ya

Gaby said...

Hey Morgan! This is "gibbit" from cc. I have a blogger name so I can stalk everyone but have yet to write a blog of my own :\
But I do love your blog and you will now be added to my blogroll! You're really funny! And with all of those talents and your sense of humor I know you'll keep recovering in leaps and bounds.
Now, to be the portion police for a sec (sorry!) I totally understand having a hard time after eating out, it took me a long time to get over restricting before or after events like that, but after realizing time and time again that I'd do that and then fall terribly short at the end of the day, and also realizing all the anxiety was for nothing usually, it has gotten easier. So, it's good you knew you were struggling for snack, but you really needed to make up for it with dinner and dessert. Your dinner is more like a small plate of sides for anyone, gaining or not, and its especially not enough after missing snack.
Ok, done being a pain in the arse now :p

You have beautiful eyes!! and I'm so jealous because I have poopy colored ones lol. Keep up the good blogging and please message me if you ever have questions or anything at all.

muchisimos besos y abrazos!