Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I have a confession to make...

I absolutely adore Taylor Swift's "Love Story" song.

And I don't even like sappy songs.
And I don't even like country music.

But I cannot. stop. listening to it.

...Actually, I have another confession to make, which I'm far more ashamed of.
TRIGGER WARNING, in advance.

*
*
*

I really, really struggled today. Woke up feeling disgusting, nauseous, and bloated. And how do I feel now? Disgusting, nauseous, and bloated.
Yes, I did receive my monthly gift on Saturday, and it had been going fairly well, but...oh boy.
Today was unpleasant. I'm on BC pills, by the way, since I still wasn't producing enough estrogen on my own after well over a year of no visits from Aunt Flo. Which I didn't actually have a problem with...=/

Apologies if this is TMI.

I truly did try to plow through and keep strong with eating, though. And no extra exercise for me, today. But mentally...I don't feel like I'm in a good place. At all. Partly because my weekly weigh-in is on Friday this week, and I know I've gained. And I'm terrified.

Ugh. It's really hard to eat when you're sick to your stomach. And feeling like a hippo.
Still, thanks to blogging (and all you lovelies!), I handled it much better that I would've a couple weeks back.

*
END TRIGGER WARNING.
*

Definitely made a good effort at brekkie. It was inspired by the beauteous Brooke, who's nummy eats reminded me to consume more bananas.


Activia yogurt + Special K cereal with banana and cimanim.
Cinmonin?
CINNAMON.

(
And almond milk. Not pictured. Because it was SIX IN THE MORNING and I was lazy.)

It's bananas!
B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

School was ickier than usual. Kicked off the day with a memorial assembly for one of our science teachers, who passed away last week from cancer.

It was like the universe said,

"Hello, welcome to Wednesday. Let's begin this morning by turning you into a human fountain. And no, there aren't any tissues. Deal."

Lunch was the worst meal of the day for me. I managed to cram in my sandwich and a small Ghiradelli chocolate square, but my stomach was doing cartwheels and I was cramping like no other.
No excuse, I know. So I tried to make up for it when I got home.

Mix of dried fruit with a side of Whoppers.

Look at these little guys.
So cute. So unsuspecting.

Oh no! A fallen comrade!

So I had my piano lesson today also. It was productive. I love my teacher, except when she sings along.
I don't love that so much.
But she didn't sing today, which made my day a little bit brighter. As did this:

Right outside her front door.

Strange - before I left, I felt like I ought to take my camera with me. Just in case.

...Maybe the universe isn't conspiring against me, after all.

But when I got home, I was beginning to feel a little down in the dumps, again. I definitely wasn't up for cooking, so I just had one of these little cuties:

Mini broccoli cheddar quiche.
For some reason, I always want to pronounce it "Quishy".
And this is why I took Spanish instead.

Back for an encore! *Clap clap*

I know the quiche looks minuscule, but I was hunting around for the easiest, most caloric item I could find without a crazy amount of volume. Aside from raiding the peanut butter jar, that was the best option.

I'm sorry if I've been whiny and negative, today. Hopefully, I'll be feeling better tomorrow.
Take care, everyone =]

6 comments:

cherry_melancholic said...

Aww sorry you had a rough day hun! And I love the Taylor Swift song too!! ><
lol
xxx

aussirish said...

heya hun,
great eats :)
and yes...im a BIG twlilight fan...especially an edward fan :)

sorry your feeling bloated and icky today but remeber hun having your period is a sign of being a women, id give anything to have mine.

i love reading your blog hun, theres so much personality in it :)

have a great night and i hope youll feel better soon!

xxxxx

Erin said...

hi pretty woman
i'm sorry you had a bad day
taylor swift; love story, story of my life
except whenever you hear daddy change it to brother
..my brother's best friend is the love of my life yet he forbids me to see him (we've kissed a few times, don't tell the broski.)
(sigh)
end of epic tragedy.

anyway
really really sorry that you've been feeling down
it happens to the best of us girlfriend just look at that rainbow!
sing some taylor swift
eat some nannnerrs
i LOVE bananas.
its an awkward obseesssion.

you're the cutest & i love ya already <3!

brooke said...

hi lovey! im so sorry you had an off-ed day :[ he always likes to creep in at the worst times. but hang in there! soon this will pass and then you can forgot about it for another 30 days!

but your eats still look yummy! yes bananananas - my very favorite! i cant start my day without one! mmm and i love your sweet afternoon snack. is that dried papaya i see? you definitely ended your day on a happy note :D

i hope you having a super thursday - <333 you m

p.s venting is allowed - and negativity is always welcome because we are here to listen!

emily. said...

Awww, sorry you had an icky day! <333 Just remember, even though it is hella hard sometimes, especially when you feel like a hippo, that a period -is- a good thing.

Your breakfast looks yummy! Cinnamon + bananas = delicious. :)

Such great pictures! The sunset looks fantastic.

Are those dried mangoes or papayas I see? :O I know I see yummy dates and Whoppers though.

Quiche! Quiche! Quiche! I harbor a secret obsession with it. :)

Have a lovely day! And take care!

Anonymous said...

thats a gorgeous picture of a rainbow!
love all of the food - especially the chocolate :)
stay strong!