Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fight. Love. Live.

I had the most unconventional V-day. Evar.

No, Boyfriend and I did not have sex.
We didn't spend the night sucking face by a fireside.
We didn't even SEE each other.

...Before I get pummeled by one of you, allow me to explain!
This was a mutual agreement. We're goin' a'drivin to a park that's chock-full of waterfalls on Monday. So...no worries, oky?

Ahh. Today I slept in. Very late.
As in 8:00 am.
What the poop is wrong with me?
Urgh. Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.

I woke up starving. Surprising, considering my eats last night.
Metabolism: *vroooom.* - As Emily so aptly described yesterday. =]
Therefore:

Frosted flakes with strawberries and almonds, and Activia yogurt.
Plus tea. (Not pictured.)
Tea always makes me need to pee really bad.
Just thought you should know.

Went for a little walkitywalk after that. Much shorter than usual, since I was highly intelligent and wore flip flops. In 48 degree weather. Yeah.
Oh, and I made a friend.

If it wasn't about to fall apart, I would drive this car.
He has charisma.
I name him Phil.

Also...
See it? See the snow?!
Don't laugh. We Californians get excited over these things.

Got back, ran some errands, and...more noshing. Of course.

Ham and cheddar sammich with cheese puffs aaaand...


Chocolate-covered-almond-stuffed-figgy-gob-of-deliciousness.
And yes, I will be paintin' them nails shortly.
Seems to be a trend running around lately..

More errands, when I was unfortunately informed by Whole Foods that they stopped carrying PB&Co. *sob*.
But then, HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY.
Mum and I went on an excursion to Filoli gardens, named suchly because:

Definition of "words to live by".

My my. I went a little trigger-happy with my camera. Apologies for the onslaught of flora and fauna that you are about to be overwhelmed with.

Flora.



Fauna.


Flora+Fauna?

Door handle.
It's not his fault he doesn't fit into either category!

At the gift shop, I got me a new likkle pink bowl! Which I promptly dumped my dried fruit mix into and ate. Nomnomnom.

Isn't she cuhyoot?
I name her Lucy.
I think I name inanimate objects too much.

Then, came home. Lit a candle. Put on fuzzy socks. Wrote me an essay.
Well, that last one doesn't sound so relaxing.
But it was bearable.

Mom made din din tonight. And it was bomb, I tell you.

Ardychokes, which were consumed with BUTTAH. (*gasp*)

Plus mashed taters (With organic bacon bits - *doublegasp*).
In honor of the lovely Jemima
. =]

Dessert was a rerun of fro-yo. No picture, because I inhaled it.
Sorreh. =D

*Sigh*
I want more days like today..

10 comments:

Jemima said...

YEAH MASHED TATERS!!!!! <3 love in a spud, I say.

I love your posts - they always make me laugh, your sense of humour rockeths my sockeths.

<3 love you chica, well done on everything. xxxx

cherry_melancholic said...

Your day sounded amazing!
I like your photography, it's really good(:
I name inanimate objects too>< My trombone still needs a name, but I've named my bed and all sorts o.O lol
Gawddd ARTICHOKES <3<3 They are sooo damn good! And so is pretty much everything else I just saw on this post! Almond stuffed figs! :D

Love you'n'keep it up!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. They're quite lovely.
Mmmm. Artichokes, I haven't had them in forever!

Kiki said...

You're a great photographer! I can't take pictures like that for my life.

Sooo jealous of all your food today! The chocolate covered almond stuffed figgy gob of deliciousness sounds amazing! As do those mashed 'taters.

Mmmmkay if you have any questions about adding food you can email me at hellocello13@gmail.com. Enjoy your Sunday!

Sophia Lee said...

yay for lovely, theraupetic pictures!
and oh.my.god. what exactly are those chocolate-covered figgy things? they look AWESOME!
wow you're doing so great what with the butter and bacon and stuff...keep it up girl!

emily. said...

Tehe, metabolism goes *vroom*! Just like Phil! He's such a cutie!

Your flowery pictures are adorable! <3 Those daffodils are after my heart, and so's Mr. Door Handle!

Artichokies! Mmmm! :) They're so much fun to eat. And you eat oodles of fro-yo, haha! :D We should try and find all the words in the English language that are fun to say. Oodle, fro-yo... snicker. frisky! fantabulous.

Have a great day! lovies<333 :)

emily. said...

Oh, and silly me, I forgot to tell you about starfruit! They're sweet but tangy little devils and they have these seeds in the middle that are covered in slimy stuff (don't eat it! not because its poisonous or anything- its just really weird-tasting). The flesh is spongy... almost like a grapefruit, but squishy-er. They're very good! If you can find one, you should definitely try one. :)

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, lovely pictures and lovely eats!! The flowers are just so beautiful!

Lyssy said...

I love your photography! I especially like the one with the yellow flowers. :)
Your food always inspires me to make some different dishes and to try new things!

brooke said...

morgan love! it looks like you have a wonderful v-day! your pictures are beautiful - and so are you eats, as always :D

oh my gosh chocolate covered almond stuffed figgy gob! i love it. did you make these?! but i truly love your dinner. butter! you are amazing girl friend - thanks for the inspiration.

oh and thank you for always making me laugh and smile! you are my mood booster!

i hope you have a great monday - <3 you sweets!

p.s nutter butters! i must look for these asap. they are so cute and i love anything pb! thank you so much :)