Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Coming out of the closet.

Nope. Morgy's not gay.
Apologies to anyone this may have disappointed. =]

Atchully, I be talkin' bout comin' outta da closet bout...ED.
This seems to be a topic that's been bounced around, lately, and, well...you know me.
Gotta have my two cents.
CHA CHING.

Oky. So I was initially apprehensive about being on the Larabar blog, because I wrote a bio admitting my, erm, diagnosis.
I've never been really open about my eating dealio. Even after two years, (one of suffering, one of recovery) only my closest friends actually know I had/have problems, and I really only keep two (plus Kevin, of course,) updated on them.
But, as I've mentioned before, ED is adept at convincing me to lie and isolate myself.

Which, I'm very sorry to say, I still slip up on.

So, in the past 6 months especially, I've been coming out of my little shell about it.
Like a turtle.
You know I'd be a cute turtle. =D

Anyways - somehow, the more people I tell, the safer I feel.
(People I've learned to trust, of course. I'm obviously not advertising it to every hobo that walks down the block. Not that I have anything against hobos, I just...AGH. MOVING ON.)

It's helped to widen my support net; if I stumble, there'll be more arms there to catch me.
And if I relapse, I'm not the only one who will be disappointed.

So I think that this Fan of the Day thing will be good for me, if/when it works out.

Now that I've expelled all the serious from my system, do you know what time it is?
IT'S BREKKIE TIME.

Or was, seventeen hours ago.

Mini Wheats with strawberries, cinnamon, almonds, and almond milk.
Plus Activia and...hey! Mah tea ran off!
No...wait.
I chugged it. =D

School was god-awful boring, except Kevin and I went on a gum-run to 7-11.
I got Juicy Fruit.
Ahh. The flavor of childhood. And cavities!

Hmm. I never mention water or gum on here, so here's a tribute to them now:

I consume both water and gum in copious amounts.

'Nuff said.

*LUNCHIE*

Ham and cheese sammich with Sun Chips and mini Vitamin Water

Honestly hope I have noshed through our supply of Sun Chips by now.
I used to like 'em, but now they just kind of taste like cheesy cardboard.
Yumskies they are not.

However, yumskies my afternoon snack was.
And Yoda-speak stops...now.

Dried froot with milk chocolate square and white chocolate Lindor truffle.
Note the return of Lucy!

Mhmm. White chocolate is my beezy. Sure, milk and dark chocolate are coolbeans, and all.
But white chokkie pwns.

And that's all I have to say about that.

After I put my eyebrows back in line, (rambunctious little fellas, those.) camera and I spent some quality alone time together.

Bow chicka wow wooow.

..Except NOT.

Actually, we took a walk. =]
...Remember this guy?

Before.

After.

Poor likkle fella. =[

Don't worry, I gave him a proper burial.

And God smiled down upon me.
Like this: =D

I even sang the little guy a tune about flower heaven.






Actually, that's a lie.
The neighbors were giving me funny looks already.

Just because they don't believe in flower heaven!

It's a joyous land of sun, rain, and horse manure in abundance. =]

And, on that appetizing note, here's din din!

Two turkey and cheese buckwheat waffles (one cheddar, one blue cheese) with buttah (Hawt damn), plus salad with strawberries and raspberry vinaigrette.
Pshaw. Pancake day.

I'M MAKIN WAFFLES.


Vanilla/granola/honey fro-yo with warm, homemade apricot jam.
For Emily, who did not contribute to the yogurt club today!!
Oh well. More for Morgy.

Aah. What a peachy day.
Tomorrow promises to be rather stressful, however, so I'm going to trot my booty off to my nice, squishy bed.

No promises of posting, then, but I'll do my best!

10 comments:

Sophia Lee said...

yes, good for you to "come out of the closet" ~! tee hee! you know you'll have pple here to support ya...I'm in the same boat myself, so we're like...fellow warriors fighting this horrible disease!

Kiki said...

I can relate. I have trouble telling people about my ED too. I thinkz that you're right though, the more people you tell, the more people you'll have to support you.

Haha, in the caption under your snack where it says dried froot, I first read it as dried foot. And I spend a bit too long trying to figure out where the foot was!

Love the waffles. Breakfast for dinner is awesome!

Enjoy your day, much love!

aussirish said...

hiiii hun

i can totally relate to not being very open about your ed. ive never really told anyone about mine but they all knew anyways and i think when i got really bad it was obviuos to pretty much anyone thaty i had a problem. its hard to be open about it but when i get the chance to talk about it, it always feels so empowering, being able to say im RECOVERING and no longer in eds grasp.

great eats :) haha as i type this guess what im eating.....vanilla danone!! coincedental? i think not!

love the pretty flower pics :)

have a nice night chica,
luvs ya
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I don't mind nicknames. ^_^

What nomnommy foodicles you have!

Have a great day.

Chanel said...

Hey Mo!

I just realized I could leave comments

<3

CP

Erin said...

hiya PAL..

you so funny. you make me chuckle my buckles!


thanks for sharin with us girlll!!
you can trustt me :)
yayayayay

<3 love ya butter munchkin pookie pants

brooke said...

morgy! im beyond proud of you! i can relate - i used to have the hardest time admitting and sharing my ed to others. even my closest friends [obviously they knew but i just refused to talk about it] though as ive worked more in recovery ive found it to be very therapeutic to let it all out. and it also means support! i actually have met some of the nicest girls in college by being honest. because it turns out that a lot of them are going through the same things :)

fabulous eating today! [as per usual!] your waffles! wow so creative of you missy. and i love your dessert! oh my goodness i have to copy you. simple blissful! i think you have a more than peachy day ;D

and do not feel bad about posting! have a great thursday - i love you major! xo

p.s im am avid gum chewer too. eek! but im working on it!

Sophia Lee said...

aawww....thank you for your sweet comment! it made me smile! and also, in answer to your green pancake question...refer to my latest post!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I was reading through Jemima's comments and saw that you went to DC last month for the inauguration. I'm so frickin jealous of you! I live about 30 mins from DC but didn't get to go! Was it amazing?

emily. said...

*super awesome e-hugs from across the country* Yay you! <3 Telling people about problems is the first step to overcoming it, right? Or maybe it's the accepting thing. (I should really catch up on my Dr. Phil episodes!) But, regardless, you are strong! Amazingly cool superhero strong. :)

LUCY! :D She's so cute and her pink outfit goes wonderful with dried fruit that Lindt truffle. (isn't the white one the best flavor?)

Lucky you and being surrounded by such pretty little things. :]

*drools* Waaaaffles. Tomorrow, there's a waffle bar in the cafeteria so I'll make one in honor of you, tehe!

Fro-yo! :D Thank God, you ate some, 'cause I've been having withdrawals! Is that the flavor by Haagan Daaz? If so, I -used- to have the same stuff, before I gobbled it all up!

I've probably written you about eight double-spaced pages of nonsense by now, so I'm cutting it off now! Have a great rest of the day, chica! <333