Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All quiet on the Morgan front.

Today was like a spa day compared to yesterday.
Seriously. I almost broke out the bathrobe and cucumbers.

Due to a fluke in my schedule, I have a 3+ hour off period in the middle of the day on Tuesdays (and sometimes other days. Block schedules mess with my brain a little bit).
Pure bliss.

But unfortunately, in order to tame the curly mop attached to my head, I had to wake up at 5am today to shower.

Goodbye, plans to stake awake in Precalculus.

Still, breakfast made things aaall better. =]

Peachy Activia yogurt with maple nut granola and MOAR strawberries.
I'm not obsessed. Not in the slightest.

I canz have strawberreh?

The granola was fab, btw. Haven't let myself have it in years. One more thing to check off the fear food list! *Scribble*

Easygoing day at school - only two classes. Basically slept through most of it.
And I wonder why my grades are worse this semester.
Hello, senioritis.

*DELICIOUS-LOOKING PITCHUR OF LUNCH*

Cheese and ham sammie with Sun Chips and 1/2 massive bottle of Vitamin Water.

After lunch, I met with my English AP teacher to discuss improving my in-class essay writing, because I basically panic like a jackrabbit whenever he tosses one my way. Instead received unexpected praise. He then told me I was throwing my life away by pursuing biology.

...Not exactly in those words, BUT I KNEW WHAT HE MEANT.

Precalculus came next, and we all know what happened then. ;]

*Snore*

Upon driving home, my car began frantically beeping at me. I realized that, holy damn, it was running on gas fumes. And in my quest to find the nearest station, of course, I hit

Every.
Single.
Red.
Light.

Then the first gas station was closed. Then the SECOND gas station was closed.

...

The universe conspires against me.

Thankfully, the most expensive gas station in the neighborhood was open for business.

Needless to say, by the time I got home I was cranky, tired, and hungry. Therefore.

Organic apple that mum purchased at the local farmer's market. Quite possibly the best apple I've ever tasted in this (and my previous) life.
Oh, and a Nature Valley apple crisp bar.

How 'bout them apples?

Later, I decided to go take a walkitywalk, because rainclouds + California = beautiful sunset.

Pretty, but ominous.

Still ominous. Not so pretty.
But I adore old, creaky houses. =]

I saw that house on my way back. 90% sure the poor thing is condemned.
There should be a house-rescue organization. Or something.
I'd join.

Anyhow, din din tonight was a blast from the past. Mum used to make this combo for me alla time when I was a likkle one. Odd, but good.

Mushroom soup and a toasted english muffin with tuna salad. And salsa.
Because we all need a little salsa.

Tuna, glorious tuna!
I do a lot of these shots, don't I?


I decided to do a little something different for dessert. I've really struggled with condiment-y sorts of things, like salad dressing, dips, toppings etc. So I've made a conscious effort to face that issue this week. However, I've never done this before:

French vanilla ice cream with warm, homemade apricot jam and maple walnut granola (back for an encore!)
...Are you drooling yet?

A liiittle nervous about this one, but I'm glad I did it.

Unfortunately, I'm feeling unexplainedly moody tonight. Positive it's from lack of sleep, so I'm gonna go tuck myself in and read me a bedtime story. =]

It's okay to be a little kid sometimes, you know.

Once again, I cannot begin to thank all of you for your support. I've been eating better this week than I have in months. I <3 you guys!

4 comments:

emily. said...

*drools all over your post* Ooops! That ice cream looks too good though. Walnuts and apricots? Mmmm!

I think the universe is conspiring against you! (Or, at least, the oil industry.)

Strawberrrries! :) They're so yummy. I stowed some away in the fridge and I plan on eating them with waffles for the rest of the week. (Love the spoon shot by the way!)

I'm almost absolutely certain I'll move to California now, after seeing that sunset. And the houses! How cute. :D

Have a wonderful day!

aussirish said...

heya hunni
im so glad your progressing and eating really well :) i love reading your blog so im glad you started it and its having such a positive effect on you!
those pictures on your walk are beautiful!
sorry you had a bad day :( but remeber its only one day and tomoro will be better :)
have a great night,
much love
xxxx

Stacey said...

Congrats on conquering fear foods!! Granola used to be one of mine too and now I am obsessed with it!

The pictures from your walk are gorgeous. I love old houses too, they have so much charm.

Erin said...

hellllooo girlfriend. mmmm
mmmm
delicious
still hate you for living in such a beautiful state but feel your pain about precalc.

any ideas where you're going next year?!