Sunday, February 22, 2009

On Pirates


Mornin', sunshines. =]
(Since it will be by the time most of you read this)

Firstly, apologies for no postie yesterday. I went to see Coraline late last night - a superb, albeit creepy, movie.
I can honestly say I will never look at my button-eyed sock monkey the same way.
Ever again.

But my Saturday was overall fantastical. =D

Weekly weigh-in verdict is...

*drumroll*

POSITIVE. Gained back the half pound I lost last week.

Yeah, doesn't seem like much, but I only need to gain .5 a week to make it to 115 by June.
So...huzzah! Dance with me, my loves!

*boogie*

Anyhow. Saturday morning was gorgeous and sunny.
Helloooo global warming.

...Did you know?

Global warming is intricately tied to the decline in the pirate population. As the pirate population goes down, the average global temperature goes up. Ergo, pirates are cool, and we need more pirates.

Amen.

Well, after brekkie...

Cashew butter and homemade apricot jam on a toasted English muffy.
Plus tea and Activia.
I fowgot to take pitchur and munched a bit.
Oopsie.

...I hopped in car and headed for Snobvil-*cough*-I mean, Santana Row.

Because, apparently, printing out pages of "Bartleby the Scrivener" from online instead of buying the book is an act of piracy.

Argh, matey.

Well, it seems that my attempts to contribute to the pirate population and STOP GLOBAL WARMING are not appreciated.

*grumble grumble*

So I purchased the thing at Borders and went off on my merry way...back home. To this:

Toasted ham and cheese sandwich with Nutter Butters and almond milk.
Oh boy. I just love me some Nutter Butters.
Morgy = OHM NOM NOM.

After almuerzo, me an' good ol' OCD hung out for a bit and cleaned the house from head to toe.
Did you know houses had toes?
Neither did I. Until today.

When my lungs had been sufficiently clogged with dust, I found it necessary to go on a walkypoo.

Doesn't it look like a dress on a stem?
..Or am I just losing my mind?
No, wait, that's a given.

Daffy the Daffydil!

When I got back, I was reaaally hankering for a snack. Ergo:

Oatmeal Raisin Lunabar, pink lady apple, and spun honey.

Why the honey, you say?

So I can do this, of course.

Looks good, right?
Well, good it was not.

I need to stop forcing LunaBars on myself. I just don't.like.them.
Or maybe Larabars just pwn.
Yes, that must be it.

ON THE SUBJECT OF LARABARS.

I got a lovely email from the Larabar blog commander (my title, not his - it just sounds cooler my way) in response to my complaint about the wimpy selection at my Whole Foods Market. He promised me complimentary bars, annndd...
I get to be the Larabar Fan of the Day!!!

Ohboyohboyohboy

It's like Christmas.
No, really. It is bad that I'm this excited.

But I don't care.
=D=D=D=D

So I'll keep you updated on that. It brightened my day. =]

Learning that Brandeis University wait-listed me was something of a downer.
They weren't my numero uno, but...it was still a blow to my ego.

*Morgan's ego sulks*

She'll be okay, though. No worries.

Anywho. Made a quick din din before drivin' Kevin and moi's patooteys to see Coraline.

Creamy tomato Parmesan bisque with lotsa Club crackers.
Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!

And, making a slight effort to curb my ice cream addiction (HA. NOT.), I got Junior Mints at the theater. Eating in public+eating with friends = scury. But I did it without (almost) any disordered thoughts.

1 bajillion kazillion - Morgan
0 - ED

I win.

So now it's AP Euro study time, acos I haz test+inclass essay tomorrow. (Yucky.)

Since my weight went well today, I'm going to see if I can eat okay on my own a couple days a week, meaning no blogs those days. I don't want this blog to become a crutch for me to eat healthily. However! I will still be commenting away. =]

<3 ya, girlies! Hope your Monday isn't TOO terrible...

6 comments:

cherry_melancholic said...

Glad you enoyed the film, I need to go see it sometime cos I remember reading the book when I was younger!
Nice eats [:
xoxo

Sophia Lee said...

Oh MY GOD!!! YAY for your weight gain! congratulations!!!! and great job on eating out in public and with friends! you're making positive steps towards recovery, and I'm so PROUD of ya! (wipes tears of pride from my beady Oriental eye)
mmm...cashew butter...would love to try it, but so expensive!

Breaking Free said...

I love reading your posts!! You are so funny girl and so random--just like me!! Huge congrats on the weight gain!! And I agree with you on the LUNA bars, because I just don't like them. They taste sorta....metallic-ish. Have a great day!

aussirish said...

heya hun
*yay* im so so happy for you and proud of you for gaining back that weight you lost :) *high five*!!!

great eats!

im glad to see the activia was present as always :) whats your fav flava?i have to say im pretty in love with the vanilla...those bad boys always taste good with some granola in em!!

yay for being larabar fan of the day :) woo! i love lara bars...i wish they did them in ireland...*shakes fist*....

anyways hun hope you have a fanstic night,
much love chica
xxxx

emily. said...

The first line of your post reminded me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! :)
"Good morning, starshine. The earth says hello!"

Mmmm, that's a delicious looking lunch you have there! I'm going to steal those Nutter Butters. :o

A daffodil! They're my absolute favorite. <3
All your flower pictures are so pretty. :)

The iced oatmeal flavor is pretty gross. (so is the lemon zest.) And, you're so right, larabar > luna bars.
Congrats of being the larabar fan of the day!

Good luck with eating on your own! I'm sure you're going to do fantastically.

Have a great rest of the day. <3

Stacey said...

I'm glad to hear you liked the movie. I've been thinking about going to see it but I'll probably just wait for it to come out on DVD like I usually do, lol.

Luna bars are ok, but Larabars are SO much better!

I'm happy to hear you gained the weight back!! Stay strong :)

Thanks for the comment on my blog...6 months seems so long but that's better than anything longer.