Friday, March 13, 2009

Of Honesty and Puppy Lovin'.

*contented sigh*
Fridays are just...delectable.
(Yes, even Friday the 13ths. No discrimination 'lowed, here!)

In Morganland, there would be no Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays.
And NO.MONDAYS.

EVAR.

Hmm. Saturday and Sunday may have a teensy chance of making the cut.
But Friday...oh boi.
I want a week full of 'em. ;]

Regrettably, though, before I share my glorious today. something has come up that I feel I ought to address:

My blog has recently been the recipient of many comments from new people, which, yes, I do appreciate very muchly.
But, as are many things (like...dark chocolate! yUm), this development is bittersweet.

Yeeps. This is my first venture into possibly offensive waters..o.o

If I haven't responded to you, new commenters, it could be for one of two reasons:

1) Morgan is currently squishied under a massive load of homework, very generously (NOT.) bestowed upon her by her marvelous teachers. As a result, blog-time has been cut, and it's difficult for me to keep track of all the goings-ons, here.

2) I'm un poco nerviosa about blurting this out. But Mr. Honesty and I are becoming reacquainted with each other, and I'm not keeping my feelings underground anymore.
So here it be:

Some of the new (to me) blogs I've read through are very triggering. There are many people who routinely (if not always) eat less than even what is normally required for maintenance, and who rely on diet-y foods for the majority of their intake.
Now, as much as I admire the friendly and diverse personalities of these individuals, it is unhealthy for me to compare my own intake to others' when the difference is so drastic - ED just has a ball tormenting the sanity out of me.

After all, I started blogging to help myself recover. Not to get sucked back into anorexia.
So, unfortunately, there are some people I won't be able to connect to in the blogging world.
Not for the time being, anyhow..

Ugh. =/
I truly hope I haven't offended/hurt anyone's feelings by this.

In any case, here's a puppy to smooth things ovah. ^.^

Meet Thargo. =]
Daaw. He lookth fhirsty.

Courtesy of puppywar.com.
(Warning. Above link known to induce vegetative state due to cuteness-overload.
You have been warned.)

Now that I got that puppy outta tha way (PUN INTENDED. Hur hur hur), heyar be today's noshin's!
Beginning with brekkityfast, o'course.

Strawberreh Activia with moah strawbs (surprised? =D), cashew buttah, and microed Whole Foods apple bar.
Oh. And tea.
Poor thing. Always the party outcast.

School involved alotta noddin' off, as per usual. Nuttin' to report, again.

And here be the LAST boring lunch of the week!
I swear it! Upon my fro-yo stash!

(Thanky'all for givin' me some fab new lunch ideas, btw. Grocery shopping tomorrah shall be...interesante. =])

*ABURRIDO ALMUERZO*

Ham and cheddar sandwich, mini Oreos, and mini Vitamin watah.
Hee. Me like teh mini shtuff.
Sho cuhyoot. =]

Kevin followed me home after school.
Uhm. In a non-stalkerish way.
And we kicked it until I had to leave for ortho appt.
LAME.

Hate retainerths. They makth me thalk thoopid.
Don't thmile. Ith not funneh.
>=I

Anyhow. Before leaving, I inhaled:

Boonana + Nature Valley strawberry yogurt bar.
Herm. Strawb/yogurt theme not even intentional.
o.O
...What are you up to, subconsious de Morgan?

Hee. He wanted to say hi.
TOO BAD I ET HIM.
=]

And aftah:

Sweet corn tamale with garlic lover's salsa and cucumber/ranch salad.
Moah Mexican foodie!
Hurrah!

Mum found the tamales at a local Mexican market (yay4California) and drug 'em back home to compare to our homemade ones.
And, I hafta say, it was pretty bitchin'.
The salsa made love with the tamale, and the product was a perfect sweet/salty/garlicy scrumptiousness.

But, honestly, THIS little dood took the cake.
Or, y'know...ice cream.

French vanilla ice cream with crushed Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie.
I died. And went to heaven.

...want some?

Open wide for tha choochoo train!
*toot toot*

Atchully, I kid. =]
Eets all in my belleh, now.

..Sorreh!

Anywho.
What was that word I used earlier?
Oh yes. Delectable. Today most certainly was.
(Yes. Morgan thinks everything is made more poignant by Mistah Bold button.)
(...Hee. "Poignant". SOMEONE had AP English todaaay.)

Despite the fact that I have an appt. with Mr. scale tomorrow morn' , anxiety is much lower than usual, and I didn't restrict today.

Cause for celebration?
I think so!
*jig*

So now I'm off to watch some Heroes and then curl up with The Hobbit.

Yes, from mind-readers, time-travelers, and psychopathic serial killers to short, furry-footed little people.

My dreams should be fun, tonight. ;D

'Night, blogland!

12 comments:

peony in a nutshell said...

ima bit paranoyed my blog is trigering noww :/
but but i think thst puppy should live with meee ^__^ i think i possibily just cuddled my computer screen.. thats normal right? ;D

maya said...

that puppy is so so cute!!!! great eats never had a tamale before but looks great!:)

aussirish said...

hi hun

awwwwwww that. puppy.is.SOOO.cute!!me loves him!!

i think its really good you were honest about feeling triggered by some blogs...i hope its not mine though? if it is u can tell me hun!

fantasmic eats as per usual! MMM mini oreos sound so good!

you are the queen of desserts...mm...so good! SERIOUSLY..if you ever come to ireland i invite you to my house for a dessert, danone activai and white choc food fest k :)?

have a wonderful night mdear,
love you much
xxxx

Kiki said...

I'm really proud of you for staying away from triggering blogs. There are a few blogs that I don't like to go on for the same reason. So, don't feel bad, you're helping yourself!

Heehhh. Thargo is a cutie pie. I will not click on that link because I know that I'll be turned into a puppy-loving zombie if I do.

It's okay, I talk with a lisp too! Or, I never hear it when I talk because it's pretty small and only happens when there's an s at the end of a word. But when I meet someone new they go "DUR HUR HUURRRRRR! YOU HAVE A LISP!"

Yum at your dinner. I love tamales! And I'm taking a froyo break to come steal you girl scout ice cream. I'm totally allowed to though, because I was a girl scout a mere two years ago and thus have complete authority over anyone who is eating them.

Good luck weighing in! Much love

Anonymous said...

that.dog.is.too.cute.to.handle.

Oh em geez.

Aw Morgy - you're right, you should tots stay away from triggering blogs. I know how you feel...I've come 'cross a few of those myself, and then I start comparing my intake, and it just drives ED absolutely nuts ): Stoopid ED.

(In fact, last night I was freaking out 'bout this. I was reading some bloggies - not even triggering ones - and ED showed his ugly little face and started telling me that I was eating too much compared to everyone else. I kid you not. So then I was planning on restricting this morning - thanks for bringing me back down to reality, Morgy!)

Oo sweet lord...your dessert and I would be so very happy together <3

Have a wonderful weekend my love <3

Anonymous said...

What an adorable pupper. So cute.

I think it's good that you came out with how you are feeling with some people's blogs. Way to go.

Anywho...what yummiful nomz you have!!! I always look forward to seeing new combos of foodicles on your blog.

I have you have a lovely weekend!


P.S. I like Friday's too. Especially that afternoons. (^_^)

Stacey said...

awwwwww the puppy is so freaking adorable!! I better not click the link because I am already nearing a vegetative state haha!

I hate retainers too, they make me talk like an idiot!

Ugh I've seen some triggering blogs too and it makes me upset. I'll think Ed has left for the day, but then I come across one of those blogs and he comes out of the woodwork. boo.

oy your dessert! yummehz.

PS, can I come live in Morganland? :)

Sophia Lee said...

I think it's wise that you stay away from triggering blogs. though I really hope mine isn't!
wow! I'm so glad your anxiety about weighing is less! looks like ED is finally slurking away with a sullen face! let's go bulldoze him so he knows who's boss!
a week full of fridays? when are you gonna create this morganland and when can I become a resident?

brooke said...

morgs - can i just say that i admire your honesty, courage, and strength? it is so wise of you to avoid blogs that are triggering or hindering to your recovery. ive found many that are not healthy (mentally and physically) so i try to stay away/not comment as much as possible. blogging can drag you down (or up!) very easily - ive found that my mood/eating has changed by just reading a single post. so do not ever feel bad! you have to do what is right for you - and only you :) (p.s i hope my blog isnt one of them? let me know!)

oh goodness girly. you are always so amazing in the kitchen! your breakfast looks so delicious - i love wf cereal bars but i never thought of warming them up (your so smart!) and the spoonful of cashew butter? my favvvorite! what brand did you use? oh and i love your spotted banana. that is the only way i really enjoy them :)

your mum is a sweetheart! fresh local tamales? oh my goodness and a ranch salad! (haha the garlic salsa making love to the tamale - girly you never fail to make me laugh!) but your dessert is the best ever! can i [please come over tonight so you can make me one of these sundaes? i cant remember the last time i had a girl scout cookie. tragic!

best of luck today with mr. scale :) i know you will be in great spirits, regardless of any number. im so, so proud of this week m! you rock! and you are always a daily inspiration to me. have a super saturday!

love you gobs! <333
xo b

p.s cute doggy!

Nancy said...

Hi! I've just started blogging and I was wondering if I could add you to my reading list :)

You're so lucky yo have Nature Valley STRAWBERRY YOGURT BARS! Here, we have Nature Valley: oatmeal, peanut butter, apple crisp, fruit & nut etc. But NO strawberry yogurt kinds! I wish I lived in US, more variety in yummy bars.

Tiny Tina. said...

THARGO IS SOOOOO CA-UUUUUUUT! XD
I want to dog-nap him. *shady eyes*
Speaking of mini oreos, I think I'll go have a shower soon and have some afterwards..except for the fact that mine happen to be regular size >_<
Honestly, good job on deciding NOT to feed ED by staying away from triggering blogs. Keeping away from all that triggers you is a great way to move past the distorted thoughts and so to this, I raise my non-existent pink martini in the air and TOAST CHU!
(I can't remember if martini's are even pink, the image in my head was just too prettiful not to type up)
Enjoy your weekend, babay!

Nancy said...

Yay! Oh, well here in Canada, the weather can get super cold. But luckly today, it's actually quite warm! No, it isn't my bunny. My bunny is photoshy and will bite me if I ever hold a silver block (camera) infront of her face.