Monday, March 9, 2009

For the Love of Caramel Frappuchinos.

Oky. Two thingamadoodles before I dive in:

1) Apologies for no post yesterday - I was working on an English project which, albeit fun (as is anything that involves hefty amounts of hot glue and paint), demanded total Morgan concentration.
2) I luff you peeps. No, really. There ain't a single one of ya that dudn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy with your loverly comments.

Nope, not even Emily when she tries to abscond with my frozen yogurt stash.
(BUT. This still does not give you free range to my freezer, chica.
*glare of death*
..Kiddin'! You know I love you!)

So, once again, I've chosen to write about yesterday instead of today.
Because, well, Mondays are just icky.

And...where better to start than breakfast?


Activia yogurt with two Nature Valley bars crumbled in, raspberries, almonds, and a drizzle of honey.
Whew.
Poor tea. That's a hard act to follow.

Close-up!
Because it took enormous self control to actually GET two pictures.


*Burp*
Oop. 'Scuze me.

Since I had work at 11:30, and DLST ate an hour of my morning (grr), Mum and I skedaddled to Safeway.
Purchases were made, among them:

-Yogurt
-Nutella

There were others, but, uhm...
Who cares?

Sorry, The Beatles got it WRONG.
All ya need is:
yogurt
and
Nutella.
=]

*dodges eggs hurled by angry Beatles fans*

Anywho.
Lunch was under a time crunch, but I still managed to snag sum pitchurs.
Because it was THAT.AWESOME.

PB, Nutella, and strawberry wrap with Sun Chips and almond milk.
I may have..*cough*..nibbled on said wrap a teensy bit before pitchur was taken.

But you know you would've, too.
...Shh. Don't lie.

Shucks, and I was hopin' all that PB would hold me over for awhile.
But a few hours later, tumtum was starting to complain.
*grumble*
I tried to stem the rising tide of hungry tummy noises with a pink laday apple..
...But to no avail.
Something had to be done.

And by something, I mean this:


It's okay.
You may sit there in awe whilst I tell my story.

Mhmk. So.
Once upon a time there was a hungry Morgan.
But all she had were a coupla gift cards and a buck to her name.
$Cha ching$
('Cept NOT.)

Well, actually, I had an Odwalla bar in my purse, but I don't want to rely on them too often. They're like a "safe" food.

Plus, I felt SASSAY and wanted to piss ED off.
=D

So I took a 15min. break and trotted off to the local coffee shop with my $5 gift card.
(Big spenda, I know. )

Except..

"Oh, bummer. Our machine doesn't recognize those anymore."

WHUT.

It's like ED has teamed up with the universe in a conspiracy against Morgan.
WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE THIS!?!!!?!!!?!

I had already waited in line for 8 minutes, and had to make it back in time. So I awkwardly mumbled that I had no money and left.

When I came back to the store, C (coworker) asked where the hell my frappuchino was. So I spilled my unfortunate tale, expecting her to just smile, nod, and accept it.
Instead, what I got was a wink and an order to get my butt down to Starbucks with my other gift card.
Love C. She's the bestest.
Well, aside from you guys. ;]

Let's no one get jealous. Thar be plenty luv ta go 'round.

(Dunno why, but the pirate accent seemed necessary. After all, I am just as sexy as Jack Sparrow. Right?
..RIGHT??)

Long story short, I got mah frappuchino. And it was orgasmical. Out of this world. Fantastically delicious.

Mhmk, I think you get the point, now.

FIN.

*
applause*

Yet, somehow, after ALL THAT, I was still plenty hungray for dindin.
..Uhm. Where is this food going?
*taps leg* *echooo*
Oh. There.

Mhmm. Mum did the cookin'. Have I mentioned that she's amazing? Several times? Well, you may be hearing it about 20948203594258 more.

Crepes filled with broccoli-shallot-mushroom cream sauce.
There are no words.
There just aren't.

I was (SURPRISE) actually pretty full after dindin.
But.
There is always room for white chocolate raspberry ice cream.

Calorie-wise, (Gawd. I don't care what anyone says. I still HATE that word.) I pushed myself further on Sunday than I have in years. But it felt so.bloody.awesome.

*ED-squashing dance of joy*

All may join in the celebration!
THERE'S PEACH COBBLER FOR EVERYBUDY.

Oh! And, before my brain shuts down for the night, I have an update from the lovely folks at Larabar.

*Squee*

I feel famous.
Pretty soon, people will be asking for my autograph.
Right on the street, y'know?

So, to honor the occasion, I dug some goodies out of my pantry/fridge for my afternoon snacky tahday.

Chocolate cherry Jocolat bar and Oikos greek yogurt with honey.

Honestly, it was my first time with that brand of yogurt, (*gasp*! I lost my Oikos virginity. o.o) and I wasn't very impressed. It had a plastic-y sort of taste. Not sure if that's a result of the packaging or...?

However. The Jocolat bar was on a WHOLE 'NOTHER LEVEL.
Like, not even on the same plane.
In a different snack universe.

I'm usually a white chocolate girl, but I love the dark-chocolatey-intensity of this bar, and the slight tartness that the cherries lent it.
It put a big goofy grin on Morgy's face. =D

And, y'know what? When I did this...


The yogurt didn't taste half-bad! WHOOT.

Okay, now I really am tired. And still have homework to complete.

Urgh. Epic.fail.

Well..at least MONDAY'S OVAH.
Oh, and sorry for the bookish post (again).
I'll try not to assault you with so much text and pitchurs next time. =]

'
Night, m'loves!

9 comments:

aussirish said...

hi babydoll

great eats!! everything looks so yummy...but why are your rasberries not red:)? they confuddle me!!

another white choc fan? yay! another thing we agree on! i love white choc waaaay more than normal or dark choc! and that ice cream....wowzer :)

im so proud of you for enjoying that nummy frap and pushing yourself on sunday :) ur a star!!

have a wonderful night hun
much love
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Morgster! Nutella+peanut butter+strawbs? WE MIGHT BE LONG LOST SISTERS!

That's like my favorite combo. Like, ever.

The only thing that could make it better is a banana.

But still, you get an A+ for that.

Neewaysss...good job for pushing yourself! You kicked the crap outta ED! Woo!

emily. said...

We love our Morgy. Every awesomely cool cute little bit! :)
(Especially your fro-yo stash, tehe.)

Oh, and I'm definitely lovin' that breakfast! Those raspberries are so delicious looking that I think I'm going to lay off the fro-yo thieving and switch to them instead.

NUTELLA. *hyperventilate*
I love it- just a tiiiiny bit. :)
And Starbucks? I think you are trying to kill me! It's all too much.

And the hits just keep on coming- those crepes look so yummy!

Congrats on the Larabar fandom.
What a great way to celebrate! Who doesn't love chocolate-y goodness?

Yogurt making is a secret that I am no yet privy to! It's an adult hippie thing, I guess. All I know is that there is a machine where you put a cup of yogurt and some other ingredients. Then, somehow, eight hours later, -six- cups of magical yogurt has appeared! :o

Okay, this comment is starting to rival The Aeneid in length. ;)
Have a great day/night, chica! (I can never get the whole time zone dealio.)
<3

Stacey said...

after seeing that fabulous wrap, I got the urge to go eat something! ;)

Kiki said...

Ahaha Morgy! I'm sure you know that we love you too, but your amazin fro-yo stash makes us love you even more! So yeah, we're still raiding your freezer.

Glad you had such a nice Sunday! Your friend was very nice to give you the money to buy a frap. Looks delicious! I haven't had one in foreva.

Your mom is an amazing chef! I love crepes! And broccoli! And you! Enjoy your Tuesday

brooke said...

missed you love! but we all understand! i go mia every other day too :)

your breakfast looks stellar! golden raspberries and crushed granola bars - so creative! ill have to this for a snacky soon. as well as strawberry+pb+nutella! wow that looks so tempting! i sadly have not had nutella in years. same goes for a starbucks frappaccino. thanks for always inspiring me sweetie :) you are the best!

and the word calorie? i hate it! it should just go away. same goes for numbers and nutritional information! (so i use permanent markers instead)

love the larabar story and picture! you are so beautiful and cute and humorous - all in one :)

and jooclats in greek yogurt is the best combination! i think it tastes like dessert. sorry about the oikos though! the company just sent me a load of coupons in the mail so im guessing i will be featuring them soon on the blogfront.

as always i love your delicious eats and pictures! but most of all i love you <3 later morgy!

Chanel said...

I'm not going to lie, that was a pretty good Frap story.

<3

You were angry at lunch today, then told me I looked purple, and it made me sad :( *sob*

But it is okay because I have a new found love for you that is sure to piss Kevin off :)

maya said...

hey,love your blog just found it:) your eats are beautiful..love the golden berries..have to try them:)

Erin said...

hi pretty
im not feelin too well so i'm gonna leave a shorite but sweetie..
i just want to say i love you and that i did read your whole frap story which was kinda cute hahah im happy you got it!!!
weeeeee


and i wannaaa try jocalat bars!
me gustttta indeedy!
tell me which is the best.

k
love you pooper scoooper dooper!