Monday, June 1, 2009

Sweet Retreat.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

^This is the sound of Morgan falling off the face of the Earth.

Which, to most of you, it must seem like I did.
Gone for an entire month??
Yeeps.

But...perhaps while I reminisce over the past four weeks you will understand my absence.

*hemhem*

The end of one's high school senior year is hectic, stressful....and yet absolutely wonderful all at once.
I honestly can't decide what was my favorite moment.

Could it have been Senior Ball?


Best. Date. Ever.

Or celebrating Kevin and mine's two year anniversary?

Lunch in Carmel-by-the-Sea
In which Kevin is apparently transfixed by his pizza.

Maybe it was graduation?


Whoopsie. Camera died during ceremony.
Booooo. =[

Or graduation CAKE?


Concocted by my lovely auntie. =]
..and devoured in minutes.
*burp*

It sure as poo wasn't AP testing or finals. Bleck.

(Though I'm a'thinkin' I did okay on both.)

Anywho. Senior events aside, I've missed all of y'all!
Like, BUNCHES.

And blogging is such a great outlet for me - it keeps my brain muscles good'n'strong. =D
Which is why I plan to post AMAP this summer.
Methinks writing will help keep my brain from disintegrating into mush (as it has in past summers..).

Though, of course, this wouldn't be a Morgan postie sans foodage, so I'll get on with that.

(Note: somehow...nearly all the pitchahs I actually managed to snag turned out to be obvious results of my over-active, gargantuan sweet tooth.
Hence, this post's title. ;] )

Mango+ice cream+fresh coconut.
Like a vacation. In a bowl.

*dons bikini, struts around*

Self explanatory.

Brownie Zbar.
My ultimate weapon against that TOTM. =D

Mother's day cuppycake.
So cute. So pink.
So delicious.

Ahhh.
Ain't nuttin like strawbs+granola atop ice cream.

Although mango is a willing subsitute. =]

But.
This may just trump 'em all.
Strawbs+ice cream+liberally drizzled Nutella.

Gaze upon its splendor.

Oop. Speaking of foodie, I managed to squeeze in an appt with a new nutritionist!
(Since my regular one is preggers.)

She was, uhm....eccentric.
Like my grandma. On crack.

And yet very helpful. =]

Although she calculated that someone my height/weight/age/blahblahblah needs 1600 cals to maintain?

...whut?

Thankfully, that didn't fly after we went over what I actually eat in a day.
(Oh. And I've gained about .5 lbs since I've been gone, btdubbs. Baby steps, I suppose.)

~2200 cals. And I'm basically maintaining.

...

Cue Mum going out and buying a Costco-massive-status bag of trail mix.
Which I'm now supposed to eat 1/2 cup of a day.

Uhm.
My
reaction?

If I can nosh this entire carrot, I can nosh anything.
Bring it on.

As you can prolly tell (heehee), eating just doesn't feel like such a chore to me, anymore.
Partyin' it up with friends, going out to lunch with Mum...it's reminded me of how much fun I used to have with food.

Fun that doesn't come from running your legs off or berating yourself for every extra apple or cracker.

So, now, I've got three months to get this entirely under control.
Three months before I'm 400 miles away from home.

Oh yes! I got into (and am attending) Scripps College!

Sorry - my poor likkle brain has been pounded into a pulp by finals.
Forgive my lack of memory..

Anyhow. I'ma go give my noggin' a break.
(Translation: play s'more bubble shooter! YES.)

I've been reading up on y'alls blogs, and have really enjoyed the semi-artsy "What I plan to do this summer" posts. So look for one of those from me, soon!

Besos y abrazos <3

15 comments:

emily. said...

Yay, Morgy's back!!

Congrats on your college acceptance! I'm seriously jealous of you 'cause high school is suuuch a bore.

Your eats look so tasty! I especially like that ice cream with mango! :)

Can't wait to see more posts!
<333

Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad you're back Morgy dear!

Congrats on graduation! <3 I love you bunches!

Tiny Tina. said...

MORGYLICIOUS!
Congrats on EVERYTHING. On graudating, on yours and Kevin's 2 years (LOVE the grad photo btw =D), and on getting into college! What are you majoring in?
Ooooh, looking at all your sweet eats has made me crave ice cream and Nutella! SO SUMMERY. Lucky betch you are, it's the second day of Winter here. >=|
And reading about how eating is no longer a chore for you, that you find the pure JOY in it, makes me smile like crazay. =)
Lots and lots of luff!

Anonymous said...

MORGAN!!! i missed you :) i missed your witty comments and posts, yummy eats and your presence in my life!

it looks like ALOT of fantastic stuff has happened to you lately...graduation, anniversary..the lot! im so so so happy to read how happy youve been and how your realizing food can be fun again :) so inspiring hun!!

bahahaha you are too cute, i love that picture of you with the carrot...i love raw carrots, so good!

have a great night darlin, ive missed you,
loves u chica
xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you came back, because now I can follow your blog often :) I love your personality!
Congrats on getting into Scripps!

Nancy said...

Dearie!

The first thing I did, after reading your comment on my blog, was check if you posted something. AND YOU DID! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!

You're just like me! I lurve my sweets. I'm glad you had so much fun at your prom! I sure can't wait for mine next year. And your graduation cake looks so intriguingly elegant (and delicious)!

Hmm, I don't want to sound dumb, but what does "AMAP" mean?

And congrats for getting into Scripps College! I know you'll do so well (you're so smart).

Have a great day Morgyy! <3

Tina said...

FEEL THE LOVE FOR CARROTS!

I also adore chomping on those orange sticks of goodness!...

By the by, that mother's day chocolate cup-cake looks delish! As do the rest of your eats...

You and Kevin look totally cute together, he looks like a nice guy :)

Congratulations on graduating by the way! I've still got a year to go... (nooo...)

xx

Stacey said...

Hello love! First, I want to thank you for your sweet comment.

I totally understand the absence due to end of high school things. It's such a busy time.
Congrats on your college acceptance!

All your sweet eats look amazing, duh. I have been indulging in lots of ice cream and mangoes lately, though not in the same bowl. I has new idea! :)

Aw I'm so happy your relationship with eating has improved! Being able to do all of those things is a HUGE step forward!

Take care, dear.

Anonymous said...

congrats on Scripps College, Morgie!! you're gonna BLOW their socks away! AAAH! you're back, and you're actually promising to post amap? YAY! look out, Morgan's back!!
and...with a new healthy relationship with food!
man...I remember the last senior year...it was...baaaaaad...esp since that was the time I got hospitalized and missed more than 3 months of school only to return to immediately take 5 AP exams. whhooo! but I survived, you survived, and hip hip hoorah, we're gonna have a blast this summer, yes?
love ya, babes!

Internal Peace said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back! I really love reading your blog! You're brilliant and talented, and fun, and full of life and I love it! :)

Congrats on Scripps! You'll have a blast at college!

I love that you posted about enjoying food! It is definitely a pleasure to eat and it's fun!

I had a chocolate truffle with breakfast this morning. And some chocolate toffee bark. Ooh, scandalous! I totally understand your sweet retreat! Am I invited on the retreat?! :)

CaSaundraLeigh said...

Congrats on college girl--your gonna love it! And your eats lately are so drool-worthy! That cake is beautiful, but I bet it tasted 10x better =) Glad things are going swell for you!

amy. said...

Hey Morgan-
Just wanted to say your blog is great and you are adorable! I love reading. Congrats on Graduation!

Anonymous said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Morgy!! You're back. I missed you!

Congrats on EVERYTHING. Including your anniversary with Kevin, graduation, and Scripps! You're too awesome and have got a lot to be proud of :]

I'm with you on the sweet tooth. I want to steal that Zbars. As well as your ice cream, like in the good old days!

Okayyy again, I really missed your posts and can't wait to read more this summer! Love you lots

Anonymous said...

Morgan, this is called posting AMAP? lol!
anyway, were in CA do you live again?

Chanel said...

that picture of you nomming on the carrot needs to be posted somewhere like on your door. Somewhere were you can truly cherish your own awesomeness... with carrots.

I've missed your blogging, even though I've been seeing you at school. I continuously check (like a loser :p) and you finally did! I was getting super sick of seeing swine '09, haha.

btw.... what the HELL is on top of that mothers day cup cake. I thought it was a little penis until I saw the caption.

Sorry for contaminating the comment page again.

oh, and since we're basically going to school together I say that we go shopping, like now.
Because any excuse to go shopping is always legit!

Oh! And this is random and not at all relevant to anything, but I got a job interview at victoria's secret (raunchy, huh?) and I remembered when we went to that one in D.C. and I lol'd.

okay <3